Monday, October 4, 2010

90lbs down!!!


Hi my name is Meghan and I lost 90lbs. Yep thats right this last two weeks of scale not moving has passed and off went 3 more pounds putting me at 90lbs lost since 12/2. I am still in shock I think. It is important for me to address the plateau because I know from experience it can kill your motivation. I had definitely found my comfort zone I was hitting cardio in the form of TURBO and HUSTLE 3-4 times per week Spinning once a week tossing in a lil ZUMBA and an hour a week of PIYO. This was now easy for me, yeah I was working up a sweat but the little voice inside, and the voice of the very tall girl screaming next to me, kept saying that I could do more. I also got a bit more relaxed with my food the return of the starbucks treat receipt was my downfall and while each beverage was about 150cals I was hitting that twice a day and lets be honest sipping the samples. Well the scale got comfortable too right at 150 and did not want to budge. Throw in the stress of moving and work and we have a full fledged plateau on our hands! Alli always said when what we were doing didn't work we would just change so we did. I had started Chalean Extreme for strength training but this week I really pushed it and added some more running and eliptical time under my belt. I also swapped out my starbucks drinks for water and unsweetened green tea. Yes I did sometimes get it in a starbucks cup just so I could sip from the cute green straw, I am only human. And...... so far it has worked scale dropped 3 glorious pounds, muscles are forming and I feel fantastic. It was an emotional couple of weeks for me but I did not give up. I know I have spent alot of time on this goal of 100lbs and getting to a certain size but I have learned a valuable lesson this week; I have already won. When I started this journey I entitled it project "I wanna live" my old self was looking to the future to start living her life. I am now officially living! I have an amazing support system, a strong foundation and an unshakable belief in myself that won't let me quit. I am living the life I always dreamed I could never have and it is so much more fulfilling then I ever imagined it could be. So while I will continue to set and strive to meet my ever evolving goals I must not forget that I got my life back and that is the ultimate achievement. 





No comments:

Post a Comment